Monday, July 02, 2007

And Summer Is Already Gone

One thing the missus never considered when we moved down here was that our weekends would be quickly ate up by a damn near every family event that could possibly be planned. We're not anti-family - not by a long shot. But when we lived up in the Valley, the expectation of us to make it to every anniversary party, family reunion or birthday party were slim to none. Especially when the girl came along.

But now, with fences needing built and a lawn needing serious mending (how can this lawn look so bad? Those people left empty bag after empty bag of fertilizer laying around! I'm pretty sure they had a grow operation. Seriously. How can they used so much fucking fert and have a lawn that's that weedy and patchy? WTF?) an empty weekend is looking more and more rare. And it's not like we don't want to see those people or continue with our anti-social ways. We just have shit we need to get done. Add to the fact it looks like I've got more travel ahead of me this summer, July and August are going to disappear way too quickly (I so wish I could have used a clever simile just there instead. Something like "so many thongs up the butt cracks of so many drunk beach hoochies". See, it's not great nor incredibly clever, but it would have nicely tied in with the summer thing. ).

So, as I see my summer quickly swallowed whole like so many hotdogs down the gullet of that little Japanese guy that always wins those hotdog eating contests (see, told you I'm not good at these), my eye turns towards September. So far, there's nothing planned and I don't have many travel plans. C'mon September.

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

I get that way all the time. Every free day that I see on the calendar looks like freedom. Even when they're fun events, I think that!

FOr me, though, the free day comes and I'm bored and don't feel like doing things around the house and can't spend money and don't feel like window shopping ...

Have a yard-party at your house. Invite EVERYONE over for beer and brats and BBQ and Back breaking yard work!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home