Friday, January 26, 2007

" . . . . . Followin' Me"

I feel the need to type something, but what I don't know.

Neko Case's South Tacoma Way is pouring from my headphones. I love that damn song. I love the sentiment, I love the twangy guitar and everything else. I want to be the guy she's singing to. Or I'd even settle to be JP. It must feel good to be so important that you're sang about and to. Even if you never existed, for the moments her breathy voice breathes life into you, you were important.

And maybe that's just it. We all want to be important. Or maybe I'm the only self-centered one that wants to matter. Or to have mattered.

No, that ain't it.

I think it's more we all want to be a part of something beautiful.

I should get better sleep.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

I feel the same way sometimes. Now it's more about me and Jukebox - but in the past I would wither under a good song and wish it were about me.

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

It's not that I want to be important so much, it's that I want to be special. Well, I guess they're the same.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home