Tuesday, January 30, 2007

It IS a Small World

Now that I work from home, my world has become incredibly small.

There's dogs and cats, but they suck at conversation.

People I normally chat with through IM and stuff have lives and junk.

It's kinda' good and bad. I don't get distracted by people, but I find myself getting distracted by anything online that can be read. I obsessively check my email, hoping for some shred of human contact. It's getting pretty sad.

It's only made worse by the fact I don't have any friends down here. Yeah, there's friends from highschool around. But for some reason I'm shy about calling them. Maybe I'm afraid they've changed. Maybe I'm more afraid I've changed.

The good news is I don't drink on the job, which I so could do. No one would notice the occasional beer. Hell, I could get totally shitfaced and have meetings naked and no one would be none the wiser. But I don't.

I still have my integrity.

12 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

It's driving me nuts & you probably told me- what state do you live in?

Call up a HS friend and say, wanna grab a beer? You never know, they may want a reason to get out of the house on a Tuesday night.

Or invite them over for Gilmore Girls & Veronica Mars tonight. :)

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

You have too much integrity for the getting drunk at work part, but not for the naked part.

Admit it, you totally work naked.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger cantellya said...

I'd be taking naps, painting my fingernails, etc. :)

As long as you don't keep your credit hard at hand while you're surfing.....

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

But can I identify with you here... Thanksgiving alone, Christmas alone... Now Valentine's Day coming up and I'll be alone again...

No friends but the guys I work with and I already spend way to much time with them...

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

How's it hanging, red?
I hope all is well in your land. Happy Valentine's day to you and the missus and the baby girl!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger cantellya said...

Ditto what Dont said!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

For someone who is home a lot, you sure haven't been around here :(

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

Every time I go to type your URL into the browser I forget to add the "chronicles" and then Blogger tells me you don't exist anymore.

It makes me frown until I realize my mistake, add the chronicles

AND THEN I SEE YOU'RE NOT POSTING AGAIN.

I hope all is well, and providing it is

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger The RHS said...

I'm alive.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger cantellya said...

Glad to know you're alive, but when ya gonna post again?

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger The RHS said...

I'll post again once the very, nice and helpful people at Google (who seem not to be found at Google Help, huh, weird?) change my fucking admin status on another blog so I can drop myself from it.

Until then, I'm sorta' in a self-imposed blogging exile. I may just ditch the motherfucker altogether. I just want my goddamm admin status changed for crying out loud! I'm not asking for the fucking moon! I'm not even asking for a fucking ham sandwich!

sheesh!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

golb otohp rehtona rof em liame

 

Post a Comment

<< Home