Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Back In The Saddle - Sorta'

Wow. It's been awhile. Thanks for checking on me, dont. Sorry I didn't check back sooner.

Well, the reins were quickly pulled from my hands. Shit went sideways, naturally. That's what you get for thinking you have even an ounce of control.

But now it is January, and to be honest I've been looking forward to 08. 07 was the shits. It wasn't all bad, but there was enough to make me glad the cocksucker is done with. The last time I wrote a check (and this was back in October) I had to rewrite the son of a bitch because I put 08 on it. Now, it's here, and I'm not going to say anything stupid to jinx the whole damn thing.

Though I hated it, the last couple of months wrapped up nicely. Through one of my industry-related blogs I'm getting a small following and making friends. Got a raise and a new rig, which is good timing because the friggin' snow is drifting. Want fun? Get a corgi to go outside to take a piss and have her get high-centered in the snow. Now that is something worth watching!

However, some things don't change. I still hate Blogger. I still absolutely adore my little girl and am glad I have the missus with me. I swear, sometimes when I get down in this world of 1's and 0's they're the only ones that pull me out.

I've never made new year's resolutions, and I don't think I'll start. But if I were to try and change anything, I think I'd say screw it to work and try to start doing shit that actually makes me happy. I put in a lot of hours last year, and to be honest, I probably didn't need to. Fuck it or fight it, I'm still right here and you're still wherever you are.

2 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

I wrote '08 on one of my checks a couple months ago, too.

Who doesn't need changes this year?!? My dad loves to remind me: Nothing changes unless you change. Something like that.

RE: you hate of blogger. There are other services out there. Wordpress, and Typepad (this one costs something, not sure about Wordpress).

Just let me know where you are if you move.

I liked reading your writing on that other blog (not sure if I still have the URL) BUT *** BUT *** I feel like I know you here on 'chronicles' and am happy to keep checking in!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger The RHS said...

your old man makes a lot of sense!

don't worry about me moving. I've made my peace with blogger sucking and it would be weird to move it to wordpress after all this time. Using this one is like coming to a different neighborhood after I've went and tried to start some dumpsters on fire at the other place.

Glad you keep checking in! =)Even when i'm not posting here, I keep checking in on your place. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home