Thursday, August 18, 2005

I'm so glad I'm not one of these guys

I think right now, hands down, the toughest job in the world would have to be that of an Israeli soldier.

Regardless if you support Israel or Palestine, can you imagine what it's like to tell people you protected from wackos with bombs strapped to themselves to pack your shit and get gone? How it would feel to yeild an area you risked your life to protect day in and day out? To worry about others viewing your leaving, your lack of presence, as an indicator their terror tactics worked? It'd be like the UK giving Northern Ireland back the to Irish after the IRA's campaign of terror that didn't give them any guarantees of peace. I think it'd make one wonder what was the point of their job.

I can't imagine being uprooted from my home as a part of a government treaty. I can't imagine my home being lost in a 6 day long war either. Makes me happy I was born where I was born and live where I live. Yeah, I have radical ideas on what direction I think this nation should head and maybe there's been times I've not been happy with the leadership, but I still feel damned lucky to be born and raised here.

Hopefully these people will be able to make peace with their government. And hopefully it brings peace to area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home