Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Some People

You ever meet some person, a total stranger, that is a giant asshole for no reason at all? And when they turn their assholedness on someone you care about, what do you do about it?

We went to BB King concert in Medford. The man is still a master, as is one of his opening acts, Joe Bonamassa. You should really check his shit out. It's fucking awesome. Not just awesome- fucking awesome. He did things with that guitar that I've never heard done before. He's just one of those guys who will either hit it big or get a fiercly loyal following. In my opinion, he was 10 times better than Kenny Wayne Sheppard that night. Bonamassa just plays such a stripped down, raw style of blues that you can't help but like it. He's doing something that seems to be missed these days. If you're reading this and you haven't clicked on that link and bought a CD, you really ought to do it now. How often do you get to get in the ground floor of the next big thing? Well, I don't know how ground floor 5 CDs is, but the guy is a fucking master. Drop the $20 and make your ears, and your soul, happy. Seriously.

But anyways, after enjoying an evening of great music and expensive beers, we're leaving and, of course, it's a huge cluster fuck. There's roughly 500 cars fighting to get out one exit. So, my missus, in a way that means she has to got to use the bathroom roughly every half hour, is getting desperate, and asks some guy if there was anyway she could pull in front of him. She explains her situation and his reply is no. That I heard. What I didn't hear was his next clever quuip, "I'm not the one who got you pregnant." The missus rolled up her window and I didn't know why but I figured it was because the guy was being a jerk. So we ditched the car with our in-laws and found a bathroom and on the way back she tells me this story.

Okay, so the guy is a dickhead. And I had just enough beer and just being tired of the world's bullshit to want to go and find the mother fucker and crack his skull open. No one talks to the missus like that. But what kind of person am I that I didn't go hunt him down after I heard the story and make him apologize? Should I have spit in his face? Should I have just called him an asshole and let it lie? Or should I have taken care of business, grabbed a golf club out of the back and see how serious he wanted to get?

The worst part is that mother fucking, cock-sucking assholes like this aren't worth going to jail over, and as a result they rarely get their's. And I know I would have had a car-load of pissed off people if I'd of gotten tossed in the hoosegow. But still. I so wish I had confronted the piece of shit instead of just letting him drive off, 15 cars in front of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home