Friday, September 30, 2005

This Is Why I Hate Bumper Stickers

Usually, at least around here, on the freeways and highways and little one-way streets when you see a bumper sticker stuck on a vehicle it's usually more of a public declaration of their politics or religious views.

But one this morning struck me as profound. Perhaps it was supposed to be funny. Hell, I don't know, but for whatever reason my brain was working differently. Just like the milk ads we've been inundated with, it was simple with black background and the familiar sans-serif typeface asking, "got purpose?"

3 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

I think it's a light hearted spin on the faith front.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger The RHS said...

yeah, I agree. At the same time when you see all the other crap people stick on their bumpers it just struck me kinda' funny. You have something so mundane hit you like that?

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

Yeah, it was a bumper sticker. I thought about blogging it when I saw it (months ago) like, you think it was funny to them when they put it on there, but it's not now and it's all faded and just take it off already dude.

I don't remember what it said.

I used to have "bad kitty" on my car.

I also bought silver letters and spelled "lick me" out across the back window.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home