Thursday, September 29, 2005

Jinxing the Jinx?

Well, assuming I don't sell the Jinx between now and Saturday, which is likely since there's not even a For Sale sign on the windshield, I'm hoping maybe to get some time to wrench on the bastard. Blue has been using its battery so it should have lots of turn and now I'll be able to trace down the problem.

I don't know why, but about the time I've made my peace with sending Jinx up the road I get interested in it again. Which isn't good because about the time I'm ready to dump a few bucks into the old bucket we end up having some sort of mild financial crisis. Maybe this weekend will be different. Maybe this weekend I'll get the starter replaced or fix whatever is wrong with it and there won't be any problems. Hell, maybe it'll have a reverse effect and inadvertently make me wealthy.

I just hope the sonuvabitch turns over. I want to hear the engine rumble and the carb cough and sputter gas and shit all over the place because it hasn't been started in so damn long. I want to see the big black monster grumble to life, making all the people who said it'd never run swallow a few of their words. I guess this time it's getting personal.

4 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

What does your wife do while you're working on the cars?? Does she garden, help you, sit inside watching TV?

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger The RHS said...

she has her own hobbies and stuff. But she does not like the Olds!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

Ah. just curious. So was she happy you got it running or thinking, "fuck, another month and he'll be out there working on it again"

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger The RHS said...

it was more like, "fuck, now he's gonna' want to spend more money on that piece of shit."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home