Friday, September 23, 2005

Leaves Not Quite Falling

I don't know if it's this time of year or maybe just Fridays in general, but I've been thinking a lot about old friends that have came and went in my life. It's not like anything happened. Time passed and our path's just haven't crossed again.

I know where the squid is at and the same with matty, though I wish I could go see him and can't. I haven't talked to him in about 2 years and I don't think he'll even be available to bullshit with for another 15 months. There's an old friend from the Sunflower State I lost touch with, but that's more my fault than her's. I know I won't ever talk to her again, but that's just the way it is.

It's just weird thinking about the people I was close to then and don't even talk to hardly anymore and knowing it'll be the same with a lot of the people I know now. There's some people you just feel kind of slipping out; there isn't any reason for it, it's just the way things happen. I guess we're all sitting along the street of a parade and we watch our family and friends come and go. When I get to talk to them I relish the moments, but at times like this I try not to think of them ever leaving my life or me their's.

So, I'll try the squid again this weekend and maybe a few others that have come and gone in the last couple of years. Maybe I'll have a few beers, watch the game (Ducks vs USC- what the hell else would I be interested in?) and catch up with a few friends for dinner on Saturday night. Even though times can feel like that damn Social Distortion song, I know they aren't. They're more like an old Johnny Cash song.

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

I had a few friends over the years just disappear.

It sucks.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger The RHS said...

It does suck. I think the hardest ones are where two friends get divorced and you lose both of them. Well, at least it's one of the hardest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home