Wednesday, August 31, 2005

IF only

I don't know what's in the air, and maybe it's just where my head is and low feeling I've had, but I've had a case of the fuketalls. And getting the latest copy of International Tattoo Art tattoo magazine hasn't helped either. I look through the issue and it makes me want to draw flash and learn how to run a hot needle. Some of the art and ink work is only okay; however there are tons of talent shown and I think the latest issue has had the greatest amount of awesome ink slingers shoved between two covers. The pics are the kind of stuff that make you realize what you want done to yourself- or what you'd like to do to someone else.

However, everytime I think about trying to seek out a school or apprenticeship, I come back to one thought: I don't like the general public. Maybe it would be different if I weren't here in the Emerald Empire, chock full of college students, hippies and artsy fartsy types. It isn't that I begrudge them their lifestyle; they can whatever the hell they like. It's just I could only put up with so much of their bullshit before I went apeshit. I'm not saying all the people around here are like that, but there are quite a few in the general population and then when you take it down to the ones who'd get ink done it concentrates them. Maybe if I weren't such an asshole it wouldn't bug me.

Maybe someday soon I'll just look into it. After all, someone had to put up with my bullshit and I could probably learn how to handle people. Or maybe I need to just quit reading ITA so I don't get inspired by their stuff. Who knows. All I know is job satisfaction is starting to wain and I don't know where to go next. I feel like the ride is almost over but I'm still trying to figure out how to dismount. Lord knows I don't want to get stuck in the stirrups, but damn I want a nice landing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home