Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The TV commercial I hate most right now

Right now the TV commercial I hate most has to be the one for Lipton green tea. You know, the one that starts off with the buddhist monks (how trendy!) humming and meditating and then goes on to show various people closing their eyes, humming along to "mmm mm m m m-mm" (I know it's some sort of classic pop song from when my parents were young but I can't think of the name to save my friggin' life) and then drinking some Lipton green tea.

Wow. Not only is this commercial annoying, it manages to a make a whole spectrum of people look like, well, look like a bunch of Bay Area hippies and yuppies while flogging every cent out the Buddhism trend they can. Way to go, Lipton. Where will you turn next when Buddhism isn't as hip as it is now and you can't exploit it to sell greenish-brown water?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home