Tuesday, November 15, 2005

C'mon January

I know all this will pass. But damn I'm tired. Been here since a quarter to six and I did get what I wanted accomplished. However, I'm starting to feel the five hours of sleep and all the caffeine has me jacked. I so could use some bourbon and a cigarette. Alas, I don't smoke and I think my employers would frown on a little something extra in my coffee.

And then there's the stress of the push and pull. I know I just need to bear down and ride it out. But in the end none of this shit will matter. All that matters is getting home on time nowadays. So I'll keep the early mornings for working while they sleep so I can see their pretty blue eyes when I get home.

4 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger cantellya said...

Slave to the grind, eh?
Bet you really look forward to quittin' time now, huh!? :)

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger cantellya said...

True. And we offered to let her stay with us when she gets out, so... :)

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger The RHS said...

well, I don't know about slave. I do enjoy what I do and I like the people I work with . . . . but it's work. And not the kind of stuff that changes lives. But yeah, the drive home sure seems a lot longer than it used to!

And at least she has a good place to land when she gets out. I'm guessing you're taking her far away from where she is now?

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

*secret* i used to slip away from my job at corp. am. once and a while to grab a shot at the local bar (downtown mpls, they're everywhere) on my lunch hour. just for giggles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home