Thursday, November 10, 2005

Now I'm Responsible

She made it into this world safe and sound. My little girl, two weeks old today.

It's amazing how quickly she's growing. I get sad when I look at pictures of her from her first day until just this morning and know how much she's changed. She's bigger and prettier than she was even the first time I laid eyes on her. I get even sadder when I realize how much I'm going to miss.

It's also amazing how quickly we fell in love with her. We knew we would; it was just a matter of her getting here. But to the depth we fell- incredible. As soon as the air hit her tiny lungs she had me wrapped around her tiny little finger. She looks like her mama did at that age, which is good because I'd feel bad for any little girl that grows up to look like me. Now hopefully my little girl will get her momma's brains too.

Everything is the same but different now. Shit that seemed important isn't. It's hard to find a rationalle for what I do at work except I know I need to in order to take care of her basic needs. I guess I felt that way before. But now, but now it all seems even sillier. I guess that's to be expected though.

5 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger cantellya said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
Isn't the feeling beyond comprehension? I watched my neice being born... Never knew there was such a love :)
On the 24 year old, MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!
Again, congrats :)

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger The RHS said...

den: some?!?!?!? I know you better than that. ;)

cantellya: sounds like something a shotgun and a hole could fix! And thank you, it is amazing. It's something you know will be incredible but to the depth of which is still hard to explain.

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

I am SO lost, did you post about your coming baby before and I never read it??

CONGRATULATIONS! and God bless.

Is this your first baby? Would you think that the past few months was really lots of anxiety and excitement? And here I thought it was just your job.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger The RHS said...

Well, a lot of it was my job or general bullshit like that. Just life in general stuff. I guess part of it was being sure I was going to be decent enough of a person and hope this little girl doesn't have all the same defects I have.

But I never worried about her. Was more of all the other crap. All the stuff that just runs through your fingers as time goes by or just generally pisses you off .

Stuff like that.

And damn you're up late, dont!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

I'm always up late Red! It'll be tough having to get up 1x week at 7am to work my new PT job...

But I bet you're up at 1am, 2 am, 3 am, 4am, etc ad infinitum now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home