Thursday, July 20, 2006

Oh! The Places You Will Go!

Well, I can add another airport and, thanks to the dumbasses at MapQuest, two more states to the places I've been.

In this super short I'm-doing-this-so-I-don't-get-out-of-the-habit post, all I can say is if your first impression of Chicago is the neon-lit tunnel that takes you out to the cabs and busses, then it's fucking awesome. The oddly bent and twisted neon tubes, flashing on and off for a modern art-deco feel made me think this is a place for good times and not the gritty, hard-panned, fight for everything city I've imagined it to be. If only I could have spent more time there than I did and experience more than the airport and toll-roads. Maybe someday.

And now I've been in Illinois and Indiana. I can say Gary has to be one of the saddest places I've ever driven through. But it's still not as horrible as Rock Springs, Wyoming. That place is a bonafide shit hole and I'm pretty sure if I go to hell it's going to look like Rock Springs.

2 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

I've never been in Rock Springs, but I did stop for directions in Gary. I didn't know I could've been shot for stopping for directions in Gary, but I figured it out real quick.

I like Chicago "OK" ... It still feels like Mpls to me, and I'd rather be in Mpls.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger The RHS said...

Well, if that's what Gary is like I'm sure hell glad we didn't have to get off the freeway!

I wish I could've spent just one day in Chicago. Of course, I can't compare it to Mpls on account of never having gone there either, but maybe someday I'll be able to do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home