Wednesday, August 09, 2006

That Better Not Be a Train

First, an apology. I'm sorry for anyone who thought there was actually a horse being starved to death. It was just a straight-up analogy for running a business into the ground. On a high note, the old mare I've been vetting on since early December is almost healed up (finally!!!). It's funny- before she moved to our place I thought she was a doll. Then I thought she was a nag. Now, me and her have an understanding. But I guess after damn near nine months of me taking bandages on and off of her and dealing with the ups and downs of the whole damn situation, you'd build a bond. It's been a long time since she's tried kicking me while I tried to get her wrapped.

You know, I think there's finally a light at the end of this godforesaken tunnel. We finally came to terms with Mr. Shithead and his wife, so we might have a house sold. And we've found one!!! Similar acreage, nicer house and a shop set up with 220. Time for me to learn to weld!

I've got to keep looking ahead. I'm so damn lonely and tired and stressed and hormonal and overwhelmed I've got to keep pushing forward or I'll collapse. I've got too much on my plate. But I know if I make it through this week, there's only a mountain and a four hour drive between me and my girls (who are as stressed as I am but doing well, thank you for asking cant!). When I see the missus she hates for me to leave and the girl gives me all her attention. It's painful to think of how much I'm missing. I hate to think because of false-hearted buyers and the rest of the gamers and snakes out there I'm missing out on my girl and the missus. I've missed so goddammed much. Too much. Smiles, kisses, crawls, tears - the whole damn thing. I'll be damned if I miss anymore.


But I will. I'm a traveling business-type person now. Next week is NYC. Next month St. Paul (you know where that is, dont!), and then after that who knows where. Seattle. SoCal. Chicago. Miami. Who knows. I try not to think about it. It's what I do to help provide for my girls and keep them in insurance. I hope she understands later.

3 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I'll be glad when I stop bouncing around and finally settle...

Alaska is looking really good to me at this point!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

Hey, I didn't know you were caring for a horse. I'm happy to hear things are better.

And your house, HOORAY! Jukebox welds a lot at his job.

My dad traveled some and we moved a lot for his job while I was growing up. And my parents always had two jobs. It's tough. But you care and your heart beats hard for your family and that matters most.

St Paul. There is a stretch on Grand Ave that has shops and restaurants. Otherwise I think St Paul is kind of a flop -- UNLESS you want to visit the Science Museum. There is a cave on Wabasha you can visit. The river is beautiful and there is a walking bridge over there. Check out the Xcel Energy center to see if there are any concerts going on.

Good luck in your travels, Godspeed!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger The RHS said...

Thanks, guys. I'm trying not to get pissed off at the world but that damn gas can in the back of the pickup and my Zippo keep singing a godammed revenge song . . . . . Fuckers.

Damn, RT, I'm glad I'm not having to do all that myself. I'd like to see Alaska someday - I heard there aren't a lot of people there. Sounds nice. =)

dont, thanks for the kind words and places to check out in St. Paul. When we went to Illinois it was just a stop, get off the plane, eat at an Applebees by the hotel, give a presentation and get back on the damn plane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home