Thursday, January 17, 2008

Jack In The Box, You Now Suck

***FYI - this is from a while back. Don't know why I didn't publish it.***

When we moved down here we knew we were going to lose some of the best that the Valley had to offer. In the Homeland, the shopping isn't so great, there isn't much in the way of a music scene and the dining left something to desire. Don't get me wrong - there are some really good restaurants around here. But some aren't as good as what we could find in the Valley and occasionally the missus and I found ourselves longing for some of the good food we could find with ease up there. That even included Jack in the Box and their most delicious of delicious sandwiches, the Bruschetta Chicken Ciabatta.

So, when the powers that be decided to bestow the Homeland with a Jack in the Box of our own, the missus and I were ecstatic! Finally, something we missed was available to us! After it was built and opened, we waited a month for the lines around the building to die down. Hell, if we waited this long, what was another month? And when the day finally arrived that we could march through the doors and order the Brushetta Chicken Ciabatta, we did. As a matter of fact, I ordered two. And they were delicious. They tasted almost better than what we remembered.

This week, hungry, tired and halfway home, we decided to turn around, head back into town and order a couple of our beloved sandwiches. Spending almost half an hour on slick roads to make it there, we reasoned Jack in the Box was the one thing that would make it better. Only it didn't. After I placed my order and they took my money, I was informed they didn't have any bruschetta mix left. So we went somewhere else for dinner. Then, two days later, we found ourselves in town again sans girl child. So we decided to make up for the other night and treat ourselves to the deliciousness that was the Bruschetta Chicken Ciabatta. I placed my order and gave them the money. Only this time the girl at the counter looked at me like I was crazy. But she still took my money. After five minutes of waiting for the sandwich of the gods to arrive, I was met with a "We don't have that. You want a Chipolte Chicken Ciabatta instead?"

Hell no! This Chipotle Chicken Ciabatta is not the grilled chicken breast treat of yore! It's some sort of fried stuff! Where the hell did the Bruschetta Chicken Ciabatta go?

Needless to say, we grudgingly took our fried Jack Spicy Chickens on Ciabatta and ate them. There was no explanation as to why our big-headed friend ended the run of the best sandwich they ever made. And the poor greasy faced manager didn't give us any reasons either. Now, the one establishment of the Valley that we adored is just another fucking hamburger stand.

And their fries aren't even that good.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

Blasted!!

That always happens to me. Favorite menu item *poof*

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

Hey there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home