Friday, November 18, 2005

Is This Considered Irony?

So on TBS for the last week or two they've been advertising the hell out of some special they have called "Earth to America". Apparently they're having a bunch of comedians (I don't know how Leonardo DiCaprio fits into the comedian role but hey, maybe there'll be a surprise?) get together and telling jokes in support of (or I guess against) global warming, the environmental issue of the moment.

Please don't read into that I'm pro-global warming. I'm more of an anti-everything person.

But what is weird to me about this whole deal is it's taking place in Las Vegas. Yep, Sin City, where they're growing at epic proportions out into the surrounding grass lands, sucking up millions of gallons of water for water features in an area where water is rare and sucking up more electricity than probably any other city in the US, next to NYC or Los Angeles. How much global warmth do you think is generated by all those damn lights?

So why the hell is there a comedy show for the environment in a place that if anything is the epitomy of what not to do to the environment?

3 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

great point. i don't know the definition of irony to answer your question, however.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger cantellya said...

But they do conserve water in Vegas! Anyone caught watering lawn after dawn & before dark gets fined. THAT is also ironic(this is said with sarcasm, of course).
I can't imagine anything funny about 'ol Leo, anyway.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger The RHS said...

well, I missed the damn special last night anyways. I think I was watching the Parent Trap or the thing on the Mini Ice Age or something. darn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home