Thursday, February 09, 2006

Best $12.50 I Ever Spent

Alright, so Pedro sat for a month or two. I thought the radiator was totally shot and I was going to have to replace it. Turns out a little Stop Leak and clean radiator fluid were all I really needed. So now I can turn the JoeMobile back in and be done with that. I'll miss the CD player but not much else.

So anyways, apparently in this part of the world mold will grow on your car if it sits too long. It's fucking disgusting. Now, Pedro not only has the stink from the previous owner's dogs and cigars, plus the three years of not being cleaned by yours truly, but also the funk of mold and mildew. And I have to drive the girl around in this nasty SOB. What's a fella to do? Take it to the car bath.

You're probably scratching your head and saying, "No shit, Red. Take your car to the car wash. You're fucking genius." Bear with me. I come from a line of people that believe you wash your own car unless you're lazy. One problem- I hate washing cars. I love driving them. But washing them sucks. I hate it.

So I take Pedro, with 3 years of filth and a fresh coat of black mold to the car wash. So did a bunch of other people. But the end result was beautiful. They cleaned up most of the mold, scraped off the carbon build up on the paint and made him cleaner than he's been in, well, 3 years. It's beautiful. I'm never washing my car again. Ever. Why do it when these people will do it better than me?

God Bless Elite Car Bath.

4 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger cantellya said...

Only $12.50? Wish we had one here! I CANNOT get the rust off my rims from LAST winter!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger The RHS said...

You try cola? that might work.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

I had an '88 Hyundai once. I never washed it. (I was 18)

One night whilst working at the Super America overnight shift I washed my whole car. With the squeegee.

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger The RHS said...

heh heh, I tried washing Pedro back in college with a squeegee at a gas station in Chemult.

I didn't get as far as you did. =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home