Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Looking Back

Yeah, I know most people do their reflective, introspective end of year stuff in December or January 1. But I've never done anything on time, so why start now?

You know, for a year that started off kind of so so, filled up the middle with an incredibly long down period, it ended pretty well. Or rather, at least November was good, and you all know why!

At any rate, it seems like it's one of those deals that I learned a bit about myself and bit about other people in general. Yeah, that's a pretty obvious statement. But looking back it seems like that's what I spent a lot of time doing, figuring shit out. I thought this growing up shit was easy and would be over with by now. Maybe it's good that it isn't.

The things I learned about other people are rather pessimistic. Like how it's all right if it's your guy pulling shit but if it's my guy pulling that shit then there'll be hell to pay. Or how if you don't do something that needs to be done you can't get in trouble for doing it whereas the guy who does will. But there's also good qualities, like the kindness of strangers and the loyalty of friends.

About myself? That you can't understand what people say about love until you've actually experienced that. The girl taught me that lesson. I've also learned that I'll never be happy working for someone else. Also I need to find a better way to cope with down cycles. Then there's the whole I have the potential to be like my old man. And I also need to just start doing instead of just wanting to do because I'll get nowhere on that plan.

So here's to 2006. May it be better than 2005 and may 2007 be better yet!

6 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

I like the upswing at the end of your post Red!

Yes, just DO IT!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger cantellya said...

Ooooooooh, don't start talking about 2007 already!!! :)

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

Hey, I don't know if I noticed before, but thanks for your link to my movie blog!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger The RHS said...

no problem, dont. ;) nice new pic, btw.

aye, cantellya, i know how you feel. but for some reason I already feel like 2006 is half over. =(

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

hey, no frownies!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger cantellya said...

NEW POST NEW POST!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home