Friday, September 15, 2006

Back in the Homeland

Well, I'm here. Not in my own home, yet, but hopefully come October I will be. The in-laws were kind enough not only to have the missus and the girl stay with them all summer, now they've welcomed me, two dogs, three cats, two horses and a bird. Good people they are. =)

It's nice to be here with my family. I know it isn't the place I left over ten years ago, but as much as things have changed so many things have remained the same. The same dirty little towns are much like they were ten years ago, save the fact there are a lot more Spanish-based signage. The same kinds of people are fighting the same kinds of battles, whether they be poverty, alcolohism, drug-abuse, domestic abuse or whatever, but hell, there's those troubles in the place we left. It's just I know it's down here and where it's at. Up there, it was more like the resteraunt with the nice front and the dirty kitchen. But I'm home. And I feel like I'm at home.

Being with my girls is a blessing in itself. I got to see the girl put together enough steps to qualify her first walk. I wake up every morning with the missus snuggled up to my back or on my chest. It's nice to know they've missed me as much as I've missed them. And being back here with them as quenched my thirst for gasoline and matches. I still dislike those people with the intensity of the flames I yearned to set, still think he's a son of a bitch, don't trust them as far as I can throw them and feel they owe me a summer. Lying does that. Lying and keeping me from my loved ones does that. Lying and keeping me somplace instead of enabling me to move on does that. All I can do is take their money and be thankful we're halfway done.

And after the check has cleared then maybe raise some hell.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

Yes, after the check is cashed. I'm lost a bit on those details (evil guy) BUT am glad to hear it's starting to shift behind you.

(that sounds a bit off, eh? think like a tide shifting...)

I LOVE waking up with Violet snuggling me.

And, um, Red? Put down those matches...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home