Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Cherry Blossom Snow

I don't know, maybe it's the time of year or something but I've been thinking a lot about the people I was close to but have now drifted away from. It's funny that there are some people you think you'll always be in touch with and it kills you to go for an amount of time without hearing from them then to transition into this weirdo state where they still cross your mind all the time but you just don't give them a call. I'm missing some more than others, but I guess that's life. Maybe some day I'll be brave and write about them or better yet write them.

It's beautiful here today. The sky is an optimistic blue but there's still gray on the horizon to keep you in your place. There's a huge cherry tree in our pasture and the blossoms are still huge and white and clustered together like snowballs. The next few weeks are the most beautiful at our little house. The apple trees will start blossoming along with the pear trees and plum trees and cherry trees and when the wind hits the tired blossoms it'll snow petals. Our yard will be littered with apple blossom confetti. It's beautiful and sad all at once to see the petals on the spring breeze because you know you're living in a perfect moment that passes as quickly as the blossoms fade.

I feel an ending in my bones and in my chest. I guess I'm ready for it.

3 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger cantellya said...

*sigh*
For a moment I got lost in an orchard, and it smelled wonderful.
Thank you for your words of encouragement. I really appreciate it. How's the wife & baby??? :)

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

I really really really would love to see and experience the snow petals like you do .. and know that you'll soon have fruits to collect is wonderful too, no?

Here we recently got our "cotton snow" ... they float through and collect on your sandwhich as you eat outside. I looove these moments too.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

I just saw your comment on my movie review of Hoodwinked.

Thanks Red.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home