Thursday, April 13, 2006

Keep 'Im Muzzled

Okay, so the other day the missus, girl and I were going to the PC to get a few things for dinner. Just a few things we didn't have and missed on our big shopping excursion to the WinCo.

Right in front of the store are five parking spots, two labeled for senior citizens. Naturally, I didn't park there but next to the last senior's spot. While I'm getting the girl and the missus is getting out, this older guy, getting out of some sort of piece of shit station wagon, looks at us and says, "Looks like senior citizens are getting younger and younger!"

I smiled at him with an eat shit smile, but I always assume people are being assholes. At first the missus thought he was making a joke at himself, but when she gave a polite laugh he didn't smile. After the gimped-up motherfucker hobbled into the store, the missus asked me if I thought he was referring to where we parked. I answered yes.

The big question is why do people take it upon themselves to try "put" people in their places when they're so fucking wrong? Does he think he has a right to every fucking parking place close to the entrance of the store? Honestly, I gotta' tell ya pregnant women and women with newborns deserve those spots as much as some old bastard does. Does he know how to fucking read??!?!? The old folks spots are clearly labeled! Obviously he lost his fucking reader when he treking through five feet of snow to get to school. I do believe we should respect our elders, but when someone like that who isn't paying enough fucking attention to read the goddamm parking spots is going to try and "put me in my place", he better watch his fucking step. And learn to read. You're making my people look bad, you ignorant old fuck.

I guess I just get tired of people like that. In their own ways, they're self-righteous bullies. I've been bullied by people like that all my life and I'm fucking sick of it. I know I have an attack dog mentallity, and for the most part I do a good job of keeping it leashed. But that leash is gonna' snap.

2 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger cantellya said...

I know exactly what you mean! I'd have left a nice little note on his winshield!
Years & years ago, while I was in my car in the parking lot at the mall (my 4 year old cousin was with me) I decided to light a cigarette. I guess the guy in the van had been watching & was waiting for my spot. He screamed, "Smoke on your own time!" Of couse, to set an example & not frighten my cousin, I said nothing to him but said something to her to make her laugh. And took.....my......time.......backingout. Whose time did he think I was on, the idiot!? Self-control is one of my biggest struggles, but if everyone in the world ACTED the way I FELT like acting.... Can't imagine.
Dumb fuckers.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

yikes! i am glad you kept it leashed this day.

i don't believe we have to respect our elders ... but polite we should be, usually.

some chick flipped out on me at the post office one day when we were there after hours (but the lobby stays open) and i couldn't (wouldn't) tell her when it closed.

she waited until i was leaving (we had been doing our mail near each other) and snapped at me when i got to the door. (pathetic!?) "read the fucking door" is probably what i said.

i mostly remember thinking "if only if only" she had said something when i was 2 feet away from her...

i hope this old guy isn't still eating away at your nerves - he doesn't deserve that kind of lasting power!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home