Friday, October 27, 2006

I Can Do More than Bitch

Well, all is well in the homeland. One house bought, the other sold - all is well. It's nice to not be living with the in-laws again, though I can't complain about their hospitality. They took the missus and the girl in for three months, which was then followed by a month of me, four cats and two dogs running around as well. But all in all, things are good now.

It's funny, we all worried me and my father-in-law would have problems. But honestly, we didn't have any. Regardless of my posts, my not a very aggressive person and he was a perfect gentleman. If anything I think we both came away with a better understanding of each other.

The new house is nice. It's not a friggin' mansion by any means, and we have to keep cleaning up crap left by the previous owners, but it's nice to have a place we can call home. Now that we got paid, we're going to convert the garage to bedrooms and open up the infamous "cat room". A cat room you ask? What's a cat room? Quite simply, it's a closed off sunroom that housed 18+ cats. Yes, 18 as in one eight, 9+9. Eighteen.

Did I mention I have a shop now? And this place is one acre larger than the previous? With room for the horses and a small field we can hay?

Yeah, we like it. At night the dogs go berserk over the coyotes. And the missus saw a bobcat on the way to work the other morning. We see herons and hawks and owls everywhere. It's funny though. Up in the valley, at our old place there was roadkill all the time. Same here. But the difference is the roadkill up there was usually cats, possums and raccoons. Down here it's primarily deer. Lots and lots of dead deer. Though the other day I almost turned a coyote into an insurance claim. Stupid dogs.

The cold, dark nights are the same as they always were, as are the millions of stars we can see versus just the thousands in the valley. But with cold, clear nights come sunny, below-freezing mornings. I'm not surprised by them. I just need to work at re-adjusting to them.

It's good to be home.

3 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I miss my Arizona night skies.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger The RHS said...

so which part of the country haven't you lived in? =D

I bet it is beautiful out there.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

i love your post! it's good, heartwarming, real. everything but the roadkill is happy. i bless roadkill. it isn't fair for them to just get run over.

the cat room and your shop. a dream come true for everyone.

congrats are in order, raise your glass in cheer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home