Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Advice

A word to the wise-
Don't drink a brand of coffee you like at home and then try to drink whatever they brew at work.

Don't put your betta tank up on some boxes that it doesn't fit all the way on.

Don't ever count on your car performing the same non-starting trick for the mechanic as it does for you.

Don't volunteer to do something you don't want to do because you'll end up doing it.

Never tell people you spend your days working on a computer. They'll assume you work on computers.

Never pick up a hitchhiker that's just standing along side the road. He's more than likely the one that'll stab you in the kidneys, dump you in the ditch and steal your car. Pick up the one walking with a lunch box in his hand.

If you're hitch hiking, never get in a car the proceed to insult either the car, the driver's up-keep of the car or the driver's taste in music. It's a sure-fire way to get your ass dumped in the middle of nowhere.

Always pack an extra pair of boxers. Or briefs. Or panties. Or whatever you choose to wear.

4 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

tough day at the office?

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger The RHS said...

not too bad yet. My fingers are crossed!

had a safe trip, eh?

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Juggling Mother said...

Pick up hitch-hikers, as long as they are sober & clean, they make a boring journey interesting, a long trip short, and a wasted day worthwhile.

I love hitching as a mode of travel, you meet great people & see more stuff than on your own. I do it whenever I have the time, & need to re-affirm my belief in the goodness of the human race.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger The RHS said...

I've hitch-hiked only when I've run out of gas, and even then I just started walking and not thumbing. I guess that's why I started picking up the walkers- a bit of karma and a bit of if they're doing whatever they can to get to wherever it is they're going then I might as well give 'em a hand.

how do you start hitch-hiking? do you just grab a pack and head out the door to the nearest highway?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home